Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good Friend Challenge - Week of October 5th

I got alot done this week, but not everything on my challenge. This week I wanted to make a birthday card for my Grandma. I did get that done. I used an idea that I got from my step-Mom, Rhonda. She sent my daughter a card using this technique and I thought it looked really neat.

The first image is a picture of the card closed.


And here is the card shown open.

The measurements for the card are...
Card Base - 5 1/2 by 12"
Score at 4" and 8" giving 3 panels
Score 1st panel and 3rd panel in half or at 2" and 10"
Make a cut horizontally across card that is 1 1/2" from top and 1 1/2 " from bottom. Do not cut through the 1st and last panel.
The patterned paper on the first and last panel measures 1 3/4 by 5 1/4".
The patterned paper on the middle panel measures 1 3/8 by 3 3/4" (need two).
The off white paper for the stamp and writing measures 3 by 2 1/8". Matt if desired.

The bird image is from a Stampin' Up stamp set. And the papers are K&Company.
The rest of my goal was to decide on a design for a holiday vinyl and also to get out the advent calendar that I made last year so I could add some numbers. I didn't get either of those things done. We did however get pumpkins painted. And I also got some vinyl letters cut for shelf labels at the elementary school library. Oh...and I got another pair of slippers knitted. All in all, not a bad week.




No comments:

Post a Comment